The International Conference on Neutrino and Nuclear Physics 2020 (CNNP2020) will be held in the Kogelberg Biosphere near Cape Town (South Africa) from 24-28 February 2020 and will be hosted by iThemba LABS. The Kogelberg Biosphere is internationally famed for its natural beauty and biodiversity, and is within an hour’s drive from Cape Town.
The main objective of the Conference on Neutrino and Nuclear Physics is to promote collaboration between scientists from the fields of nuclear, neutrino, astro and dark-matter physics, and to create an environment where experiments and theories in which nuclear physics aspects are particularly relevant can be discussed. A preliminary list of the topics to be discussed during the conference is provided below:
- Nuclear double beta decays
- Nuclear structure in connection with neutrino physics
- Nuclear reactions as probes for weak decays
- Neutrino-nucleus interaction at low and high energies
- Supernova models and detection of supernova neutrinos
- Solar models and detection of solar neutrinos
- Direct and indirect dark-matter searches
- Rare beta decays of nuclei for measurements of neutrino-mass
- Neutrino oscillations and matter effects
- Anomalies in reactor neutrinos
- New detection technologies related to the field
More information is available at: https://indico.tlabs.ac.za/event/85/
The ANSTT3 will be a 5 day workshop to be held at iThemba LABS, Cape Town to focus on accelerator mass spectrometry, metrology and applications, environmental measurements and nuclear structure studies at iThemba LABS. This follows on from the ANSTT series of meetings held in 2018 and 2019.
Collaborations both UK-Africa and inter-Africa will again be at the forefront of the workshop, including Memoranda of Understanding.
The workshop will be organised under the auspices of the University of Brighton in collaboration with iThemba LABS.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Accelerator Mass Spectrometry
- Metrology and applications
- Environmental measurements
- Neutron physics and applications
- Nuclear structure studies
- Collaborations, UK-Africa, inter-Africa
- Future experimental programmes at iThemba
More information is available at: https://indico.tlabs.ac.za/event/92/