Overview | K200 SSC | K8 SPC1 | K11 SPC2 | 11 MeV PET | 3MV Tandetron | 6MV EN Tandem| 70 MeV Cyclone | Parameters | Infrastructure | Staff |
- SPC1 is also a variable-energy machine and was designed to accelerate protons to a maximum beam energy of 8 MeV.
- It is equipped with an internal Penning Ionisation Gauge (PIG) ion source capable of accelerating particles ranging from protons to heavy ion beams with a mass-to-charge ratio ( q/m ) of 0.25.
- SPC1 is however mostly used for pre-acceleration of proton beams used for the production of radioisotopes.
- The RF frequency of SPC1 ranges from 8.6 MHz to 26 MHz and the 2nd and 6th harmonic modes are used for acceleration.
- Extraction from SPC1 is accomplished using an Electrostatic Extraction Channel, EEC, and two Magnetic Extraction Channels, MEC1 and MEC2.